Shop by Collection
- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children's Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- Featured Books
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Home page
- Humor & Entertainment
- Medical Books
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Sports & Outdoors
- Test Preparation
* Coverage of all cost analysis strategies in easy-to-understand language.
* Planning and execution of projects are lucidly explained with worked out examples.
* Techniques for successful management of projects are explained clearly.
* Before-tax and After-tax cash flow analysis.
* Importance of cash flows rather than profits in project management and engineering economics is highlighted through examples.
* Basic engineering economic expressions are explained through many examples.
* Modern project evaluation techniques for successful project management are explained.
* Many practical cases and examples are presented and explained.
* All monetary values are in US$ (US Dollars).
ABOUT THE BOOK:
This book presents the basic tools of strategic cost analysis and engineering economy principles used by managers, engineers, estimators, project planners and project management personnel. The areas of emphasis are:
Cash Flow, Profits, Financial Statements and the Purecell Diagram; Types of Interest and Money Values used in Cash Flow Analysis; Different Formulae used in Engineering Economy Decisions with examples; Cash Flow Analysis before taxes; Depreciation Types and Cash Flows after Taxes; Project Evaluation Techniques including present worth, average annual cost, return on investment, return on average investment, rate of return, benefit/cost ratio and project balances and basic Probability and Risk Analysis.
Many illustrative problems are included in the book to provide practice in using the expressions and techniques presented.
* Cash Flows, Profits, Financial Statements and Interest Values
* Expressions used in Engineering Economics
* Gradient Expressions
* Depreciation, Taxes and Profits; Basic Concepts and Advanced Concepts
* Project Evaluation Techniques; Basic Techniques
* Project Evaluation Techniques (Based on Internal Rate of Return, Benefit-Cost Ratio and Practical Cases and Examples)
* Evaluative Questions and Answers: Problems and Solutions (Chapterwise)
* Appendix: Formula Sheets and Tables and Values for Engineering Economic Expressions
* Undergraduate and postgraduate students and teachers of Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering
* University and college libraries
* Professionals and practising engineers, project managers, construction engineers, industry planners, cost engineers and financial executives responsible for executing larger scale engineering projects.
New Academic Science is a newly established Science, Technical and Medical publisher.
We offer high level text and reference titles to the academic community. Written by leading scientists and academic professionals affiliated to prestigious institutions worldwide, our books bring into focus innovative research and the latest teaching theories and concepts.
Some of the many areas we publish in include:
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION